As with most artists, I’ve had to rearrange a number of plans this summer, and many performances and premieres were postponed – however, there is still good news!
• I have been chosen as a composer fellow for the 2020/ 2021 Loretto Project and will get the chance to spend the year working with Erin Gee and (once again) Longleash. This will culminate in another piece for the group, to be premiered in April 2021
• My first piece for Longleash will receive its premiere performance and studio recording in July!
• I am working on pieces for some great performers to be finished and recorded this summer and fall – a horn trio for Kate Warren, an electric bass piece for Matt Pollock, and a percussion and mixed media piece for Catch 22
• The premiere of Triptych-Portrait, originally scheduled for March 2020, will now be in March 2021 at the University of Arizona
• Though I was committed to attend New Music on the Point 2020 before its COVID cancellation, I will instead be attending the 2021 festival. In its place, this summer I will be taking part in the virtual edition of Impulse New Music Festival 2020